Nov 26, 2008

What is YOUR capacity?

How much capacity do you think you have in learning? Learning is not an easy task--not something new to say, but its difficulty rather than its time and efforts taken and made to learn, is more about a mind which can be the most open, to learn, to face, to hear, to look, to say, and to challenge the unacceptability of new things in this way. That's why I am saying it's not an easy task. You put whole of your life, your time, your energy, your money, to learn; but after all, as you never are ready and willing to face something that is in contrary to your own beliefs, so you fail to all these. so easy! Because, first of all other things, you put your beliefs ahead, and then you look for things and as you already have the answer (!) you judge.

A few days ago, we had a somewhat conflict in the class in the Psychology course. Oh, please don't get me wrong! I am not talking about the question of mine on the "hotness of male or female", which is itself could be a case to study as psychological point of view, but rather, I am talking about the afterward argument between me and Mr. Rahul. He's a nice man, and I like his manner, but that day, his way of arguing was not at all acceptable. He was arguing that, yeah, females are in essence like this and male like that. Up to here, I had no problem, of course, with the method of arguing, not with the message, which I am completely against it. But, he started saying that God has created such and such! I don't know how he could argue like this. That was not a religion class and he was not a religion teacher to talk for us about this that what the God has created or not. If he was religion teacher, I would have no problem with his thesis (!), but he is a psychology teacher, and I do not consider him as so credible to discuss such things for me.

But, the most painful part of the story--as it always has been-- is that when I was willing to open the story and elaborate that what all these had been and what I had meant, with so much sorrow, I observed that the fellows have so firmly closed their mind, that even, they did not want to open it, even for a few seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment