Dec 23, 2008

Virul Marketing--something I need

I knew it has been so unprofessional, but I have been keeping doing that! I don't know, myself, why! I am talking about marketing for TUC. It's really strange--at least for myself. Since, I am a business student, why haven't I been looking for a better way to market for my Web log? Couldn't be there any other possible method of marketing?

What have I done, then?--the way I have chosen yet to market my Web log has been sending an email manually to each and every other students at Kardan Institute of Higher Education, to inform them that, yeah, I am updated! Don't you think it is the most unprofessional, inappropriate, stupid, selfish way of marketing? So what about all those things I have learned there, at my marketing courses?

How have I now gotten to the point?--today, while scrolling on G.R., I reached to, again, sethgodin.com, which has gotten to the list of my favorite Web logs, since only less than a week. Seth Monday Dec. 22, has published a piece on What is viral marketing? Shortly explaining two kinds of "Viral Marketing" as:
The original classic sort in which the marketing is the product and which a self-amplifying cycle occurs. Hotmail, for example, or YouTube. The more people use them, the more people see them. The more people see them, the more people use them...

A second kind has evolved over the last few years, and that's a marketing campaign that spreads but isn't the product itself. Shepard Fairey's poster of Barack Obama was everywhere, because people chose to spread it...

He also has provided a link to his book on Unleashing the Ideavirus, which "the book itself is an example of viral marketing", as:

  1. I posted the PDF for free. Three thousand people downloaded it on day one.
  2. The file is small enough to email to your friends. I encouraged people to do just that.
  3. Some people mailed it to fifty or a hundred people. It spread.
  4. ...
This is really how a person, a genius one, markets himself without even you know it or feel it! Actually even now, I have marketed his product here. So no need to add that, I recommend you very highly this post to have a look, and also download the book.

P.S.: I must find a way (like the one) to market TUC. Anyone having an idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment